Saturday, April 11, 2009

Valentine's Freakin' Day



<= (balloon string)All I wanted was to get a balloon for Ashley, instead I experienced a ridiculous series of events that led to this epic post.
February 14, 2009: I got off work and darted straight to Wal Mart to get the last few items to finish preparation for a wonderful date to take place later that night. chocolate? check. coke? check. Balloon? frig. "Where are the balloons?" I asked one of the jolly employees. "We are all out," she said while sloshing her gum, "except for that one right there." I whip my head around to see the large print on the balloon that read, "TO MY LOVE BIRD." Perfect. I snagged the balloon and began to walk to my car with a jolly grin. Suddenly a gust of wind arose and blew the balloon off the string! "Look mommy, a balloon!" a little girl said with glee nearby. I hate that little girl. Just kidding, but I was severely irritated at that moment. Long story short, I returned home and filled my parents in on the loss. With a heart for justice, my parents took my receipt and marched back to Wal Mart and demanded a refund. They were victorious. Although the balloon plan flopped, the rest of the night was great, just in case you were wondering. Thanks nature.

1 comment: